Monday, February 9, 2015

http://www.amazon.com/Setting-Half-Yosemite-National-California/dp/B00T3CGS3O/ref=sr_1_28?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1423545849&sr=1-28&keywords=WCM+Photography

Setting Sun on Half Dome in Snow, Yosemite National Park, California, USA

 There is not much to say about this photo.  My feet were cold and the guy next to me had a brand new Hasselblad HD40 megapixel camera when they first came out.  I was a bit jealous and intimidated as I had a Nikon Coolpix 8800. 

The Nikon Coolpix 8800 was a great camera.  I learned a lot about photography on that camera.  To this day I still sell photos taken with that camera.  Up to around 11 by 14 the shots look great.  Larger and they begin to get a bit soft with only 8 megapixels to work with.  At the art shows the younger people want to know what is the best camera and how many megapixels etc... I pull one of the photos out take with this camera and then tell them is an 8-megapixel camera and they are amazed.  As far as what is the best camera... I will let you all in on it.... it is the ONE YOU HAVE WITH YOU!!!!!!  I now take a camera every where.  I have a small point and shoot and it does nicely.

One thing about going to Yosemite in the snow is there are no crowds!  It makes the snow worth it.

Cheers,

Bill 

My Web Site

 


No comments:

Post a Comment